The day of love is finally here, all the streets are painted red and I have some thing special for you loved ones who have a sweet tooth.
Running out of valentines ideas? Well here are some yummy donuts to make those close to heart. I personally love donuts; just have a look at them, aren’t they temping? So dive right in. I gazed them with white linings but you can also opt to add some sprinkles to add some colour.
Ingredients; (Makes 12pcs Medium Sized)
- 2 Cups Home Baking
- 1/4 ts Baking Powder
- 1/4 ts Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 tsp. Pinch of Salt
- 3-4 tbs Melted Butter
- 21/2 tsp. Yeast
- 3-4 tbs Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Oil for Deep Frying
Extra flour for Dusting/Rolling
- In a bowl warm the milk, add sugar to dissolve, add dry yeast cover it and leave it aside for 10minutes.
- In another bowl, add flour, salt and baking powder, you can sieve all of this together, add melted butter, vanilla essence and the yeast mixture, mix well.
- Make the dough sticky, I used a little water, dust kitchen surface and knead the dough until it gives you a smooth texture.
- Cover the dough for 40minutes, until it is double the size, once it double the size, punch it and knead for further 2 minutes.
- Make 2-3 portions and roll out thick circle, using a donut cutter or even a bowl, cut them into small circles, use the smallest cutter to get the donut shape.
- Let them rest for another 30minutes, until they rise, heat oil and fry them on medium flame until golden brown. They are ready enjoy!
Ingredients for the Chocolate Dip
- 1 Cup Chocolate (Dark Compound, Milk Compound) I use the dairy land brand
- ½ cup White chocolate Compound
- Water for double boiling
- 1 tsp. corn oil
- In a pan heat water, place the dark and milk chocolate compound in another bowl, which will be kept in the boiling water, once you see the chocolate melt, add oil and mix till you get a smooth shinning look.
- Do the same for the white compound.
- Once the donuts cool down dip them in the chocolate dip and let it rest, the white dip should be filled in a polythene bag and make a very small hole at the end, draw lines of it on the donuts and the attractive donuts are ready to eat.
Happy Valentines Day!