Yeeeeiiii who is a fan of pasta here. I love pasta to the moon and back. When you really need to use the greens at home, haha blend it into a tasty pesto paste and enjoy the healthy bowl of penne pasta. So let us begin;
- 250gms penne shaped pasta boiled
- 5 bunches of blenched spinach
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 4-5 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 to 6 pieces of walnuts
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- A few chopped pitted black olives
- Grated Cheese
- Bowl pasta in a large pan withsalt and some oil
- Now in a blender, add the blenched spinach, olive oil, walnuts, basil, lemon zest, salt, green chillies and black pepper, grind it to a smooth paste
- In a non stick pan add some oil, and this paste, please note the paste will be thick, you can add water to adjust the consistency
- Now let it cook for a while, taste the paste incase anything needs to be added, finally add the boiled pasta, you can still add some water or little milk to adjust the consistency and yolo it is ready.
- Some portion add grated cheese and microwave it until it melts. Hurray it is ready to eat. Enjoy!
Well this one is one of the healthy known sauce, surprisingly it tastes very good without garlic too. A blend of greens with durum spaghetti is the way to go guys. So here we go; If you check online recipes of pesto sauce it requires parmesan cheese, unfortunately i did not have that cheese available, so i just added 1 slice of sandwich toast cheese to the sauce.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- 350gms Spaghetti and enough water to boil them
- 10ml olive oil for the spaghetti
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ginger chilly paste
For the sauce
- 15 leaves of green spinach (Palak)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (if you dont have fresh basil, you can use 2 tbsp of dry basil)
- 6 – 7 pieces whole walnuts (Akhrot)
- 1/2 tsp crushed Black pepper
- 60ml olive oil for the pesto sauce
- Lemon Zest approx to 1/2 to 1 tbsp (this ingredient is the most important)
- 1/2 a lemon squeezed Juice
- 1 slice of cheese (1 tbsp of parmesan cheese if its available)
- Boil the spaghetti in an open pan for 7 to 9 mins, with salt and some oil,once its cooked, drain it out in a sieve and run it under fresh water, add the olive oil and keep aside
- Blanch the spinach and basil leaves in water for 10 mins, remove them into ice cold water and blend it in a blender
- Now place walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, Black pepper powder and salt, blend it to a smooth paste (if you use dry basil, then add it to this walnut paste)
- In a pan, heat oil and add ginger chilly paste, add the spinach and basil puree, let it cook for a while, add some salt and once it thickens, add the walnut paste and mix well, i added a slice of sandwich toast cheese too.
- Now pour this pesto sauce on the spaghetti and mix well, garnish with black pitted olives
Yummy in my Tummy, this is also one of my favourite dishes, i often make it and if you like milk, you will defintely like this one. Another secret, you can mix the red sauce with the white sauce the pasta tatstes even better. So here we go for the white sauce recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- 2 Bowls boiled pasta
- 750 ml full fat milk (haha even low fat milk is allowed)
- 1 tbsp All purpose home baking
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- All the dry italian herbs (Basil, Thyme, Mixed Herbs, Rosemary, Oregano) a pinch of all of these.
- Red chilli flakes
- Black pitted olives
- Salt, Black Pepper to taste
- Boil pasta in an open pan. After boiled, drain them in cold water and mix it with some olive oil.
- In a pan heat butter and add the flour, roast it for a while and add the milk and bring it to a boil, once it boils add salt, followed by all the spices in the ingredients.
- Bring another boil and you will see it will thicken itself in sauce form.
- Add the boiled pasta and garnish with red chilli flakes, best served when hot.
Wow After reallly very very long, i am back. Sorry for the break guys, but my phone had actually hung, needed to get that sorted. But finally i am back.
So basically days when you reallly lazy you can prepare the delicious rice sticks, which are healthy and less time consuming to make. So lets start;
- 150gms Rice Sticks
- Water to boil the Rice sticks
- 1 Capsicum cut into long thick sticks
- 1 Carrot cut into long thin sticks
- 1/4 Cabbge grated – major substitute of Onions; heheh
- A few ginger sticks
- 2 to 3 Green chillies cut into sticks
- Red chilli flakes, Black sesame seeds
- Olive oil is used for Topping and not Temper
- 15ml Soya sauce
- Salt & Pepper for flavour
Boil the Rice sticks and drain out in a strainer, run it under fresh water so they dont stick to each other. In a pan take 2 tbsp oil, add ginger sticks, chilli sticks and gradually all the cut veggies. Add Salt and let the veggies cook in an OPEN pan DO NOT COVER IT.
Finally add the rice sticks, olive oil, soya sauce and mix well. Add the pepper and red chilli flakes.
Garnish with black sesame seeds and tada Ready!!!
For the spicy eaters here’s one of the recipees that will open your ear drums.
Ingredients:- for it to be spiced up, Blend tomatoes, chillies and ginger togther. 🙂
- 250 gms Pasta
- 3 small sized tomato paste
- 4 to 5 green chillies
- a cube of Ginger
- Tri coloured Capsicum, Red, Yellow and Green
- Oil and salt
- Black Pepper to be topped while eating
- Red chilli Flakes
- Grated Mozerrella cheese
- Mixed herbs & oregano to taste
Heat water and add Oil & Salt
After the water boils, add pasta
Get your ingredients chopped and ready
Saute the capsicum in oil
Add the tomato paste
Drain the pasta out in a drainer and run under cold water
Once the gravy is cooked, add soya sauce
Bring it to a Boil
Add the boiled pasta and mix, add Oregano and Mixed Herbs here
While in the pan add grated cheese and mix
Transfer it to a Glass bowl and add more grated cheese
Microwave it for 2mins, just for the cheese to melt