Here is presenting a hands on healhty snack easily made at home. Lets start.
- 500gms of puffed rice/mamra
- 2 tbsp. corn oil
- A few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. tumeric powder
- 1 tsp. red kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. hot red chilli powder
- To make it easier, first sun dry the puffed rice, so they automatically become crunchy. Say for 3 to 4 hours.
- Now in a big pan, heat oil and add the curry leaves, followed by tumeric powder, immediately thereafter add the puffed rice.
- Roast them for like 10 to 15 minutes, once they are cooked, add the chilli powder and mix well.
- Ready to eat.
Well well well, ever heard of healthy ladoos, these ladoos have a combination of so many healthy ingredients that gives one the essential nutrients to the body. Well actually i get this recipe from my in laws (Anita Bhabhi). I love the way she makes it. So lets begin;
- 1 Cup coarsely crushed, almond, pista and cashews
- 1 Cup dry dessicated coconut
- 300 gms khoya/Mawa
- 1 Cup roasted vermicelli
- 1 Cup Coarse Semolina (Sooji) (to be roasted in butter say 1tbsp)
- 1 Cup gram flour ( to be roasted in butter say 1 tbsp.)
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- A pinch of kesar (Saffron)
- 1 tsp. Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp. Fennel seeds powder
- 1 tbsp. Poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp dry grapes (Sultanas)-roasted in ghee
- This mixture makes 3 medium sized bowls, so add ground sugar 11/2 cups to it. Use the whole sugar and grind it at home.
- Roast the mawa add, kesar to it and keep it aside, now roast the semolina in butter, followed by gram flour. Make sure you roast these well it should turn aromatic to avoid an after taste.
- Now in a bowl add the coarsely ground dry fruits, dessicated coconut and all the roasted ingredients, then measure the bowls and add half the ground sugar quantity to it.
- Mix well add the same mixture to roast on a non stick pan, roast it for like 10 minutes. Remove and let the mixture cool.
- Make round medium sized portions and roll them out smoothly on your palm. Ready to munch into these delicious ladoos. Yummy!
This is when you really want a healthy bowl of veggies that gives you all the nutrients to the body. So easily made, you can add all the veggies available in the house at that time. So let’s begin.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 Cup chopped cabbage
- ½ Cup Chopped Cauli Flower
- ¼ Cup chopped Carrots
- ¼ Cup Chopped Mushrooms
- ½ Cup Chopped green capsicum
- 50 gms. Of spaghetti
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. oil
- 6 cups water
- 1 tbsp. corn flour paste
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Soya sauce
- In pan heat oil, add all the chopped veggies and sauté for 7 minutes. Once they are half cooked add 6 cups water and let it boil. Do not cover. Add the spaghetti after 5 minutes.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste
- Once the veggies completely cook, add the corn flour paste, along with vinegar, soya sauce
- Bring it to a boil and its ready.
Here is some very good discovery for people who love Maggi masala but cannot have it because of the onion and garlic content in it. I personally like Maggi too, so let’s begin. I dedicate to all my Maggi friend lovers who have been missing this out
- 2 tbsp. Urad Dal (Black Lentil without skin)
- 1 tbsp. Dhana Jeera Powder
- ½ tsp. Kasuri Methi (Dried green methi)
- A Pinch of dried whole Methi
- 1 tsp. Roasted Cumin powder
- ¼ tsp. Tumeric powder
- ½ tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper powder
- ¼ tsp. Garam Masala
- 2 dry red chillies
- Roast the Urad dal and dry red chillies until they are crispy. Add all the other ingredients while the gas is switched off. Mix for a while and grind it to a smooth coarse powder. It is ready.
A perfect healthy snack for all times, Indians usually buy these ready-made, but when I discovered how easily they can be made at home, I could not resist to share my happiness. It is very high in protein and a perfect snack if you’re on a low carb diet. So let’s make these super simple grams at home. A secret to this recipe is my mom. She is the one who taught me.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- 2 cups of brown grams
- 1 tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 500 gms. Salt to roast them
- In a bowl pour the grams, add 1tbsp milk, turmeric powder and 1 tsp. salt, mix well. Now spread them out in a cloth and place them outside to dry. It necessarily does not need the sun to dry, so do not worry, even shade dry can work
- Once you see the wetness of milk has dried up, in a pan put 500gms salt. Let the salt heat and place handful chana (grams) into it and mix well.
- Surprise surprise they shall pop out itself and trust me you will be so happy to see them pop. Use a spotted spatula to remove the popped grams out from the salt. Repeat the process for the rest and enjoy!