Feel like having some spongy vanilla cake, here is presenting an eggless recipe of a sponge cake, this cake can be used for icing because the sugar is generally less. It can also be eaten like that. Yummmy to all the sweet tooth lovers lets begin this super easy recipe for vanilla sponge cake.
And it can be baked without an oven, isn’t that interesting.
- 1 cup Salt for baking
- 3 tbp butter
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence (any flavour can be used)
- 1 and 1/2 cup Home Baking
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Add 1 cup of salt in a pressure cooker, cover it with the lid,(remove the whistle), let it heat in medium-high flame.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, oil, powdered sugar and whisk for 2 minutes. Once it looks creamy add the condensed milk and start whisking until thick and fluffy (i use my cake mix blender for this)
- Mix vinegar, vanilla essence with room temperature milk and keep aside for a minute, mean while sieve the flour, baking soda and baking powder
- Now add half of the milk vinegar mixture to the condensed milk mixture, mix well. add the reamining half gradually mixing it, followed by all the dry ingredients.
- Mix well ensure there are no lumps. place the batte in a cake tin and place this tin into the cooker, adjust the heat to medium low and bake for 40-45 minutes
- Use a toothpick to check if it is fully cooked, let the cake cool to room temperature before cutting it. Tada ready to eat.
- I used some powdered sugar for garnishing
Hurray this is my all-time favourite. Monali one of my friends shared this awesome recipe with me. If you have a sweet tooth guys this is for you. I personally do not like Nan Khatai but on the contrary love these fingers. They are very pricey in the market, well I guess because of the amount of butter used in baking it. So let’s start;
- 200 gms Butter
- 200 gms All Purpose/Home Baking
- 60 gms icing sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 5 tbsp. Corn Flour
- A few drops Vanilla essence
- 60gms Dark chocolate compound + 1 tsp. corn oil
- Cream Butter and sugar until its super fluffy, sieve in all the dry ingredients. The batter should be soft enough to come out of a piping bag.
- Place the batter in a piping bag and use the biggest nozzle that will give the curvy shape. In a baking tray lay them and bake at 180c for 20 minutes
- After the cool, dip each side into the melted dark chocolate compound (use the double boiler method to melt it). Rest them on a grill until the chocolate settles. Kuddos ready!!
Chocolate, who on earth would not like chocolate. I never knew how different brownies are from a normal chocolate cake, until I made to discover the taste. If you love chocolate, then brownie is your thing. It is usually served with ice-cream, so let’s begin. 🙂
- 1 Cup coarsely cut Dark Chocolate (I use the dairy land dark chocolate bar)
- ½ Cup Butter + 2 tbsp. corn oil
- 1 Cup Whole Sugar
- 1.5Cups home baking
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ Cup Curd (Home Made)
- ½ Cup Milk
- ½ Cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. Soda bicarbonate
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Coarsely cut the dark chocolate, melt the butter in the microwave and mix it with the chocolate, mix until the chocolate melts. You can microwave it for 2 minutes to melt is well until smooth.
- Now add the sugar and mix well until sugar melts, keep stirring with the spatula, add the curd and mix well.
- Sieve the home baking flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, soda bicarbonate and salt. Mix well; add ½ cup milk and mix like cut fold method.
- Finally add the 2tbsp. oil and the batter should be shining. Use a baking paper, to pour the batter in the baking tray, and then bake.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 180C
- Melted dark chocolate compound and melted white chocolate compound use a spoon to draw the lines and serve with vanilla ice-cream. (melt the compound using a double boiler and add 1 tbsp. corn oil for the shiny look)
Hurray for this one, I love baking but my cakes go through a lot of trial and error processes, well this recipe I got after trying several other recipes. I realised if you use oil in your cake batter instead of butter, the cakes are softer and moist as oil is way much lighter than butter. The even have a longer shelf life. Ill post a picture of the cups I use for my cake measurements, alternatively you can buy a scale that depicts the exact grams you need. But I personally don’t have that patience so I prefer using the cup measurements.
For the batter Ingredients (Makes 24 pcs)
- 1 Mug glass Buttermilk (I used homemade curd and added some water) normal glass. (Chaas)
- 2 cups Sugar (whole sugar)
- ½ cup corn oil
- 11/4 cup home baking
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. soda bicarbonate
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
For the frosting (just enough for the 24pcs)
- 5 tbsp. soft salted butter
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Oreo Sprinkles
- In a bowl, add buttermilk, oil and sugar, whisk it until you get a pasty texture until the sugar melts. Sieve in all the dry ingredients and MIX THE BATTER WITH A SPATULA until you get a proper Cake batter.
- Pour the mixture into the cake cups, ¾ filled up. Preheat the oven for 10minutes and bake for 20minutes at 200C.
- For the frosting mix all the ingredients above except the sprinkles. Use a whisking machine until you get a smooth creamy texture; fill it in a piping bag.
- Now once the cupcakes cool down, using the piping bag lay the design and sprinkle the Oreo sprinkles.
Wow wow longggggggg awaited recipee. Every body can generate a sweet tooth on hearing the name of cakes. This super easy and super spongy cakes are so easily made at home. So if you have a cake tooth, here is n eggless recipe. Please note this batter can also be made as a wholesome cake.
- 500 gms Self Raising flour
- 240 gms sugar, Powdered
- 250 gms butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla essense
- 21/4 cup hot milk
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Pour hot milk little at a time and continue mixing
- Cool the micture. Fold in the remaining ingredientsto make a soft liquid dough
- Place paper cake cases in a tray and fill with one tbsp of the mixture
- Sprinkle cake sweets on top
- Pre-heat oven and bake at 170 degrees for 15 minutes until golden brown
- Cool and store in an air tight container