With the tremendous benefits of drum sticks, here is presenting a super healthy kadhi made with it. It tastes as yummy as you could think of. Made with simple ingredients, and it is also said that kadhi serves as a herbal antibiotic so it is basically medicine naturally made. So let us begin;
- 1 Medium sized potato
- 5 drum sticks cut into medium length
- 400ml curd
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- 3 split green chillies
- 1 tsp black poppy seeds or cumin seeds
- a pinch of dried methi
- Oil for the temper
- A [inch of tumeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger chilly paste
- In a bowl take the curd, add the gram flour and whisk with a whisker, add salt, ginger chilly paste and methis seeds. Keep this mixture aside
- In a presuure cooker, add the peeled and chopped potato along with the drum sticks (washed and cut). Add some salt and very little water. Pressure cook it for one whistle only
- In another pan, heat oil and add the black poppy seeds and cumin seeds, until they crackle up, add the green chillies and add the curd – gram mixture, along with water to adjust the consistency.
- Bring it to a boil until it thickens up, now drain the potatoes and drum sticks into a strianer, once they cool down add them to the kadhi mixture.
- I bet you guys can have this on its own, as it is. A must try!!