Feel like having some spongy vanilla cake, here is presenting an eggless recipe of a sponge cake, this cake can be used for icing because the sugar is generally less. It can also be eaten like that. Yummmy to all the sweet tooth lovers lets begin this super easy recipe for vanilla sponge cake.
And it can be baked without an oven, isn’t that interesting.
- 1 cup Salt for baking
- 3 tbp butter
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence (any flavour can be used)
- 1 and 1/2 cup Home Baking
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Add 1 cup of salt in a pressure cooker, cover it with the lid,(remove the whistle), let it heat in medium-high flame.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, oil, powdered sugar and whisk for 2 minutes. Once it looks creamy add the condensed milk and start whisking until thick and fluffy (i use my cake mix blender for this)
- Mix vinegar, vanilla essence with room temperature milk and keep aside for a minute, mean while sieve the flour, baking soda and baking powder
- Now add half of the milk vinegar mixture to the condensed milk mixture, mix well. add the reamining half gradually mixing it, followed by all the dry ingredients.
- Mix well ensure there are no lumps. place the batte in a cake tin and place this tin into the cooker, adjust the heat to medium low and bake for 40-45 minutes
- Use a toothpick to check if it is fully cooked, let the cake cool to room temperature before cutting it. Tada ready to eat.
- I used some powdered sugar for garnishing