The name of pickles itself sounds complicated right. I felt the same way before, but nowadays in the market we easily get ready made swaminarayan masala pickle so it makes it so easy for us to cook it at home.
To make it healthier ofcourse you can use olive oil to soak the pickle, hence these pickles have a very long shelf life upto 2 years also. So lets begin;
- 2 Medium size raw mango
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Tumeric powder
- 300ml Corn oil/ Olive Oil
- 300 gms. pickle masala
- Wash and chop the mangoes with the skin into medium sized cubes. Add salt and tumeric powder, mix well and leave it over night.
- Following day you will see some water in the mixture, drain out the mangoes with a sieve and let them dry until all water soakes out. This should take like 30minutes.
- Now place the mangoes in a bowl and add the ready made pickle mix well. If you seeing more mangoes than masala add the more masala to it.
- Let it rest for another 2 hours
- Finally luke warm heat the oil, once the oil cools, add it to the mixture above, ensure it is dipped in oil.
- Tada served with roti, parothas and anything else you wish to eat it with.