There you go, dalwada is the all time snack any where eaten hot hot with super hot fried green chillies is blissful. This is basically a blend of lentils, crushed coarse into makng it a crunhie bunchie snack. So lets begin, well it goes so well with coconut dosa chutney also. I get this from of course my super mom. So lets begin;
- 1 Cup split green grams
- 3/4 cup Udad dal (Black lentils without skin)
- 1/2 cup Chana dal
- 1/4 cup Chora dal
- Water to soak them
- Chopped green chillies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ginger chilli paste is optional
- 1/2 tsp sodabicarb (optional)
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak the above over night to maximum 4 hours, if you take green grams with skin, after soaking them make sure to get rid of the skin which shall gently come out.
- Blend it into a coarse texture, place the mixture into a sieve and let it rest for 2hours, you can also put it in the fridge.
- Now in a bowl add the blended lentils, along with green chillies, salt and pepper, a pinch of sodabicarb.
- Heat oil and fry them on medium heat, once the colour changes to brown, remove them and served when hot.