Well uttappam uses the same batter of dosa. So once you make the dosa batter you can make many different things like idli, dosa, uttappam and enjoy. I personally am a very big fan of uttappam, I used the same batter of dosa as well. So let’s start this super awesome easy recipe
Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the batter
- 2 cups fat rice
- ½ cup urad dal (black Lentils without skin)
- Salt to taste in the batter
- 3 grated carrots
- 1 large chopped tomato
- ½ green capsicum chopped
- 1 tbsp. ginger chilli paste
- 2-3 chopped green chillies as well
- 1 tbsp. oil for the batter
- ½ tsp. of Soda Bicarbonate
- Soak the lentils for 4 hours minimum to overnight maximum, blend with very little water to a smooth thick paste.
- Let it rest for another 4 hours minimum to overnight maximum, you will see it will have fermented.
- Now add all the chopped and grated vegetables, along with oil and soda bicarbonate. Mix well and taste the batter to add anything that’s less. Add water to adjust the consistency. Not too thick not too thin.
- Heat a non-stick plate. With a round steel spatula place the batter and roll it in circular directions, cover it with a lid. Once it steams add some oil and turn to cook on the other side.
- Its ready, served with chutneys or sauce, I prefer eating them as they are.