Well well well, ever heard of healthy ladoos, these ladoos have a combination of so many healthy ingredients that gives one the essential nutrients to the body. Well actually i get this recipe from my in laws (Anita Bhabhi). I love the way she makes it. So lets begin;
- 1 Cup coarsely crushed, almond, pista and cashews
- 1 Cup dry dessicated coconut
- 300 gms khoya/Mawa
- 1 Cup roasted vermicelli
- 1 Cup Coarse Semolina (Sooji) (to be roasted in butter say 1tbsp)
- 1 Cup gram flour ( to be roasted in butter say 1 tbsp.)
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- A pinch of kesar (Saffron)
- 1 tsp. Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp. Fennel seeds powder
- 1 tbsp. Poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp dry grapes (Sultanas)-roasted in ghee
- This mixture makes 3 medium sized bowls, so add ground sugar 11/2 cups to it. Use the whole sugar and grind it at home.
- Roast the mawa add, kesar to it and keep it aside, now roast the semolina in butter, followed by gram flour. Make sure you roast these well it should turn aromatic to avoid an after taste.
- Now in a bowl add the coarsely ground dry fruits, dessicated coconut and all the roasted ingredients, then measure the bowls and add half the ground sugar quantity to it.
- Mix well add the same mixture to roast on a non stick pan, roast it for like 10 minutes. Remove and let the mixture cool.
- Make round medium sized portions and roll them out smoothly on your palm. Ready to munch into these delicious ladoos. Yummy!