Wow ekadashi again today, so let’s do some fasting foods. Cassava is one type of a potato so it is eaten on the days of ekadashi. I love it the way my bhabhi (Kajal Prajapati) makes it. Thanks to her awesome red chilli dip that makes the mogo even yum. Let’s start
Important tip, when buying cassava from the market, make sure you taste it before buying. Some are too hard to chew. If you get that milky soft feeling buy that one.
Ingredients Serves 3
- One large cassava
- 1 tbsp. salt
- Oil for deep frying
For the Dip
- 2 Squeezed Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. red chilli powder
- ½ tsp. Dhana jeera powder
- Salt to taste
- Water to dilute the thickness
- Wash the cassava and cut it into 4 big pieces, now in the pressure cooker add water, making sure the cassava is ¼ dipped. Add salt also. Pressure cook it 1 whistle
- Once they are boiled, peel off the skin, it’s much easier to peel the skin after it has boiled, cut it into thick wedges and deep fry them.
- Served when hot! Yummmyyyyyyyy