The very famous bhajias of kenya, popularly known as Maru bhajias, served with some tomato carrot dip, serves best on a saturday night. So readers here we go;
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- 4 Large Potaoes peeled and cut into thin to medium slices
- 3 Tbspn gram flour
- 2 tbspn rice flour (this flour gives the crunchy texture)
- 1 tsp Carom seeds (Ajwain)
- 1 tbsp ginger chilly paste
- 1/2 a cup fresh chopped coriander
- Salt, Tumeric powder, Red chilli powder to taste
- Water to make the batter
- 500ml Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl mix the sliced potatoes, add the gram flour, rice flour and all other ingredients, mix well.
- If the batter s too dry, sprinkle some water to make it pasty so the potato slices are halfy covered with the flour, taste the paste and add the spices accordingly.
- Once the oil heats, place the potato slices one by one, fry on high flame for the first 2 minutes, then to medium flame, until they get the crispy texture
- Served with tomato carrot dip, for this take 1 tomato and 1 carrot, 1 green chilli and salt, blend it together, garnish with fresh coriander and tada. 🙂