Oh yes, its ekadashi tommorrow, what better way to post a recipe of these delicious vadas. So if you want to munch on some yummies lets do this, yaaaaaay. Simple ingredients make this a super delicious and abit unhealthy as it is deep fried, but cheat days are aloowed, arent they??? SO here we go!
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- 4 Potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup sabudana (washed and soaked in water until they soften), make sure to drain out water completely from them, to avoid bursting of the vadas.
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Crushed Green chilly to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seed powder
- In a bowl, mix the mashed poatoes, drain the sabudana and mix it with it
- Add all the spices, Lemon, Salt, Pepper and green chilly paste
- You can taste and adjust the spices accordingly, some people add sugar but personally i dont
- Now mix it all and roll out small balls, refrigerate the balls for minimum 20 mins to 30 mins (refrigeration is the secret guys)
- Heat sunflower oil. we cannot have corn oil on ekadashi any way, then add the balls for deep frying and move them with a chapati rolling spatula, this is to ensure they dont stick at the bottom
- Tada they are ready