Its ekadashi, an official day for chips 🙂 :), but because its deep fried most people try to avoid the so called yummy unhealthy chips. Some people miss eating rice on this day, but guys here is a fasting substitute for rice. It is healthier than rice and super filling. Here we go…
- 2 Large tomato Paste
- 1 Large potato cut into small cubes
- 1 Large carrot cut into small cubes
- 2 cups Mariyo – 5 cups water soaked for atleast 10mins
- 5 green chillies split
- Curry leaves and Cumin seeds for the temper
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp ghee.
- salt to taste
- In a pan heat oil and add 1 tsp cumin seeds, the split green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the vegetables i.e. potatoes and carrots, add salt and let it cook for 5 to 7 mins
- Add the tomato paste and salt again, after 8 mins, add the soaked moriyo into the pan
- Add salt again as you taste, let it cook at high flame until it comes to a boil, stir occassionaly. then simmer on low heat until its cooked.
- Served with dhai/yoghurt or even eaten on its own