Here is a very easy, healthy, spicy and delicious recipee called uttappam, also known as rice pancakes, because the main ingredients used to prepare the batter is rice and black lentils. You can blend and freeze the batter for a sunday breakfast or a lazy evening, when you dont want to cook. Here it goes guys!!!
For the batter
- 4 cups soaked thick rice (soak it over night or for 4 hrs, blend it with very little water to a smooth rough paste) Both should be soaked in seperate bowls and blended seperately. After its blended add salt and you can freeze for as long as for one month. For this recipee i used 1/4 of the batter, so you can adjust the quantity you want.
- 1 cup split Black Lentils without skin soaked
- Ginger Chilli Paste
- 1 Chopped Tomato
- 1 Grated Carrot and Beetroot
- 1 cup fresh chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Cooking
- Water to adjust the consistency of the batter