For the Batter
- 3 Cups khichdi/par boiled/broken rice
- 1 Cup Urad dal without skin. Black Lentils without skin.
- Handful Chana dal this is to make it crispy…you can avoiding you want soft dosas
- 1tsp Methi
Wash and Soak the above for 3 to 4 hours or even overnight. After that grind them to a smooth paste and leave for fermentation for about 4 hours.
For the Sambhar
- 1 Cup Toor Dal, wash it and soak it for 1 to 2 hours, Place it in the cooker and boil it for three whistles, put turmeric and salt in the mixture before boiling it.
- 2 tbsp Sambhar masala
- Turmeric Powder
- Ginger chilli paste
- Curry leaves
- Kashmiri Chilli powder for colour.
For the Masala
- 3 Medium sized potatoes boiled and peeled.
- Cut them into medium size cubes
- 1 tsp Spilt urad dal for tempering it with oil.
- Salt, turmeric powder, curry leaves, chopped green chillies and coriander.
Heat oil, Add cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies
Add 1/2 table spoon urad dal and cook till crispy
Add the boiled cubed potatoes, turmeric powder aalt to taste
Mix it well, add coriander and cook for 5 mins
For the Dal Sambhar tadka..Heat oil add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and chilli ginger paste one by one…as it becomes aromatic
Add Tomato paste (2tomotoes), salt and turmeric Powder
Once the tomato paste realises oil, add sambhar masala and let it cook for 5mins more
After the aroma, add the boiled dal and let it boil, you can now add the kashmiri red chilli powder for colour
Add 1tbsp oil, salt and water to the batter, mix it to give you a consistency of easily liquid spread, do not make it to thin
Use a non stick and with the round spatula, pour the mixture on the non stick and move clockwise enlargening the circle outwards
Add the masala at the centre of the Dosa
Fold the sides and they are ready to serve