I cooked this last night, the beauty of this dish are the colours it had. Yet again for lazy people this is what you can make in actually no time. So here we go;
- 250 gms Button mushrooms
- 1/2 diced Red, green and orange capsicum
- 1/4 cup florets of brocoli
- Olive oil for toppings
- Italian dressing; includes mixed herbs, rosemary, basil and red chilli flakes (you can add parsley, i currently dont like it much so i did not put)
In a pan add corn oil and place all the diced ingredients and let it cook on high flames for 1st 10mins, DO NOT COVER the pan. Once the mushrooms start removing wwater add all the spices you want to with salt and pepper and its ready.
It usually goes well with bread!!!
Boiled Potato wedges
The beans mixture
Poured on the tray
Hehehe ok this sounds funny but actually this is how i make my Jacket potatoes so the taste of cheese is not lost any where in the process. This is also a super duper easy recipee. I always make this when i dont know of what to cook. And guys its super healthy and fatty for the cheese part. You can ignore the cheese. So here we go
- 1 Cup Fresh Red Beans
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 diced green capsicum
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 tbsp Ginger chilli paste
- 2 tomatoes Blended
- Loads of Mozerella grated cheese
- 1 tsp dhana jeera
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- Melted Butter, Put Oregano, Basil, Mixed herbs, Red chilli flakes in this only
- 5 to 6 Boiled Potatoes
- Olive oil for spraying on potatoes
- Salt to taste
- In a Pressure Cooker add oil, once heated add ginger chilli paste, followed by tomato paste, Let it cook, then add dhanajeera powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder along with salt. Add all beans, capsium, carrots and sweet corn in the Pressure cooker add salt gain if need be. Add a little water and let ti cook for 3 whistles.
- Mean while peel and cut the raw poatoes into wedges and boil in an open pan, once its boiled, drain them and place them on a baking tray. Sprinkle salt, Pepper, olive oil and the melted butter mixture.
- Finally pour the beans mixture on the potato wedges and top it with loadsss of grated cheese.
- Bake until the cheese melts. Yummyyyy 🙂
Wow After reallly very very long, i am back. Sorry for the break guys, but my phone had actually hung, needed to get that sorted. But finally i am back.
So basically days when you reallly lazy you can prepare the delicious rice sticks, which are healthy and less time consuming to make. So lets start;
- 150gms Rice Sticks
- Water to boil the Rice sticks
- 1 Capsicum cut into long thick sticks
- 1 Carrot cut into long thin sticks
- 1/4 Cabbge grated – major substitute of Onions; heheh
- A few ginger sticks
- 2 to 3 Green chillies cut into sticks
- Red chilli flakes, Black sesame seeds
- Olive oil is used for Topping and not Temper
- 15ml Soya sauce
- Salt & Pepper for flavour
Boil the Rice sticks and drain out in a strainer, run it under fresh water so they dont stick to each other. In a pan take 2 tbsp oil, add ginger sticks, chilli sticks and gradually all the cut veggies. Add Salt and let the veggies cook in an OPEN pan DO NOT COVER IT.
Finally add the rice sticks, olive oil, soya sauce and mix well. Add the pepper and red chilli flakes.
Garnish with black sesame seeds and tada Ready!!!
Wow wow longggggggg awaited recipee. Every body can generate a sweet tooth on hearing the name of cakes. This super easy and super spongy cakes are so easily made at home. So if you have a cake tooth, here is n eggless recipe. Please note this batter can also be made as a wholesome cake.
- 500 gms Self Raising flour
- 240 gms sugar, Powdered
- 250 gms butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla essense
- 21/4 cup hot milk
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Pour hot milk little at a time and continue mixing
- Cool the micture. Fold in the remaining ingredientsto make a soft liquid dough
- Place paper cake cases in a tray and fill with one tbsp of the mixture
- Sprinkle cake sweets on top
- Pre-heat oven and bake at 170 degrees for 15 minutes until golden brown
- Cool and store in an air tight container
Wow i cant believe i am posting the recipe for pani puri, let me tell you a secret guys puris are so super duper easy to make at home PROVIDED you have a roti maker hahahha. I buy the puris when i am lazy. Yet again a super delicious and easy chaat. I am telling you india is blessed with the varieties of food that we have in our culture. So here we go!!!!!!!
Pani puri revovles around three items, Puris, Filling, Water and chutneys (please check my vada pav recipee for the tamarind chutney)
For the Puris
- 2 Cups sooji/ Semolina coarse
- Salt to taste
- Warm water to knead the dough
- Oil for deep-frying
- Make small small round portion and press them in the roti maker, and fry them hot oil, they will puff up automatically.
- Please note dont let the dough dry up, wrap it up with a wet cloth as you make the puris.
For the Filling
- 5 to 6 Boiled potatoes mashed
- 1 cup boiled red chickpeas (make sure they are soaked for 3 to 4 hours before bringing them to a boil. Mash a few of them
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli to taste
- Mix all the above and add grated green chillies.
- 1 Cup fresh coriander
- 1 Cup fresh mint
- Lemon to taste
- Pani puri masala powder
- Aamchur (dry mango)powder
- Rock Salt
- Salt to taste
- Blend all the above in a blender with water, check the consistency of water you require for it and add the spices to taste again.
- You can sieve the water to remove the particles of coriander and mint
Tada its this easy………………..
Well here is another mouth watering snack time snack, the nachos used are with no onion no garlic. So here er go for this simple one guys
- 1 Beetroot chopped into small cubes
- 1 Tomato Chopped into small cubes
- 1 cucumber chopped into small cubes
- Salt, Pepper and herbs to taste
- Mix the above and drain out the excess water
- 1 pkt of nachos, spread on a plate, spread the above chopped mixture on the nachos and grate cheese to your cravings.
- Add salt, Pepper and herbs again
- Stick into the micro for the cheese to melt and its readyyyyyy yaaay
Here is again a super-duper easy recipe and very delicious recipe. You can make it healthy and heavy with the filling you decide to wrap it up hahaha. I chose the filling of coleslaw with mayonnaise, trust me guys this is super feeling and super yum. So here we go!
This dish revolves around two things; Tortillas and the filling of your wish.
For the Tortillas
- 2 Cups Homebaking flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- Knead the dough with water as required, not too soft nor too hard
- Let the dough rest for at least 15 mins, make small round portions of it and roll it out thin and round
- Roast them on a non stick pan, both sides, half cook it
- once done place them in a cloth so they tend not to lose the moist texture
For the filling
- 1/4 piece of cabbage grated thin
- 2 carrots grated sticks
- 2 cucumbers chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 to 4 tbsp eggless mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 to 3 chopped green chillies
- 1 cup tiny chopped paneer pieces (which are mixed with the basic spices, namely salt, black pepper, red chilli flakes and lemon)
- Mix all the above and adjust the taste accordingly
- I used a grill toaster pre applied oil on both sides of the grill, place the tortilla on the chopping board and apply mayonnaise with a spoon
- Place it on the grill and add coleslaw and a few paneer pieces, fold both the sides and let it toast until the grill imprints on the wrap.
- Trust me guys its super yum
Yes yet again another fabulous and super easy recipe eaten when your fasting, sabudana kheer.
- 1 cup rinse and soak sabudana for 2 hours in water
- 2 cups of milk
- Sugar to taste
- Saffron soaked in 1 tbsp of milk
- Grated Almonds, Pista, Cashewnuts
- In a pan add sabudana drained and a glass full of water, until it comes to a boiling point
- Simultaneously in another pan warm the milk and bring it to a boil
- Finally add the sabudana mixture in the milk, along with sugar, cardamon powder
- Cant believe it, its ready in just three steps, it can be served hot or cold and trust me guys its super yummy
Huraaaay, guys this amazing sweet dish is so super duper easy to make. If you have a sweet tooth this will blend in super well on a fasting day also. Hahah gujaratis are trully blessed with farari food i guess, because we can still eat and be fasting at the same time. Here we go
- 4 kgs of carrots
- 2 ltrs of milk
- 6 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp cardamon powder
- Grated Almond, Pista and cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup times 2 sugar, adjust it to your sweet tooth
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Handful Raisins
- Peel the carrots, wash them and grate them with a manual grater, i use the thin side of the grater.
- On a medium flame, in a big pan, add ghee and the grated carrots, let the carrots change colour, be stiring occassionally
- Add the milk once it changes colour, and let the milk cook with carrots until its lumpy
- Once all the milk is saoked in, add sugar and cook again, add cardamon powder also
- Once its cooked and still hot, switch off the gas, and slowly add the milk powder as you mix the mixture. This is to avoid lumps being formed by milk powder
- It can be served with icecream hot or even eaten refrigerated cubed in a tray
Its ekadashi, an official day for chips 🙂 :), but because its deep fried most people try to avoid the so called yummy unhealthy chips. Some people miss eating rice on this day, but guys here is a fasting substitute for rice. It is healthier than rice and super filling. Here we go…
- 2 Large tomato Paste
- 1 Large potato cut into small cubes
- 1 Large carrot cut into small cubes
- 2 cups Mariyo – 5 cups water soaked for atleast 10mins
- 5 green chillies split
- Curry leaves and Cumin seeds for the temper
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp ghee.
- salt to taste
- In a pan heat oil and add 1 tsp cumin seeds, the split green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the vegetables i.e. potatoes and carrots, add salt and let it cook for 5 to 7 mins
- Add the tomato paste and salt again, after 8 mins, add the soaked moriyo into the pan
- Add salt again as you taste, let it cook at high flame until it comes to a boil, stir occassionaly. then simmer on low heat until its cooked.
- Served with dhai/yoghurt or even eaten on its own